Research Notes 2010-2011
1. Bunyinza M., Luoga E. and Ongugo P. Emerging local economic and social dynamics shaping East
African forest landscapes in: Forests and Society – Responding to global drivers of change. IUFRO World
Series Vol 25. International Union of Forests Research Organizations. pp 315 - 333
2. Chiteva R., 2010. The nutritional value of some indigenous fruits in the drylands of Kenya. Paper
presented during the ‘International conference on pure and applied chemistry (ICPAC)’ at La Plantation
Hotel and Spa, Mauritius. 26 – 30 July 2010.
3. Ndiema L. and Githiomi J. Status of timber standardization in Kenya. The 6th International Scientific
and practical conference on timber standardization in Beijing, China. 2 – 6 August. 2010.
4. Otuoma, J., Kinyamario, J. and Ekaya, W. 2010. Regeneration dynamics of woody species in degraded
natural forests in western Kenya. Second RUFORUM Biennial Meeting 20 - 24 September 2010, Entebbe,
5. Walela C., Ndufa K., Balozi K., Oeba V., Welimo M., Kristiansen P. and Heiko D. 2010. Biomass
carbon: litter quality and implications for carbon sequestration by agroforestry in coastal Kenya. 2010 19th
World Congress of Soil Science, Soil Solutions for a Changing World. 1 – 6 August 2010, Brisbane,
Australia. Published on DVD.