The Centre has 3 Sub centres at; Marigat in Baringo, Turbo in Uasin Gishu
and Lodwar in Turkana.
The Centre undertakes its activities in 10 counties namely Narok, Bomet, Kericho, Nakuru, Baringo, Elgeiyo-Marakwet, Trans Nzoia, Turkana, Laikipia, Samburu and Kajiado.
Research activities undertaken and products and services offered include:
* Development of technologies for conservation and rehabilitation of indigenous forests.
* Development of technologies for conservation and rehabilitation of woodland resources.
* Development and demonstration of technologies for propagation, establishment and management of industrial forest tree species.
* Development of establishment and management practices for on-farm tree species with high market demand.
* Market research for forestry products from farms, woodlands and natural forests.
* Promotion of sustainable management and utilization of non-wood and dryland natural resources such as aloes.
* Development of technologies for conservation and rehabilitation of water catchments and riverine areas using bamboo and other indigenous
* Development of technologies for control and utilization of invasive Prosopis juliflora.
* Technology transfer and dissemination of information through field days, open days, print and electronic media and agricultural shows.
* Sale of high quality tree seeds and seedlings.
For More Information Please Go to the Contacts Page.