Forest Products Development
Forest Products Development (FPD) research theme contributes to sustainable forest management through development and promotion of efficient technologies for processing and utilization of scarce forest resources. The theme also contributes to improvement livelihood of Kenyan communities through development of wood and Non-Wood Forest Products (NWFP) as alternative sources of income.
The theme addresses challenges facing wood resources and non-wood forest products through the following sub-themes;
* Forest harvesting, logging and handling
* Forest product processing and efficient utilization
* Forest products development, incubation and linkage to industry/Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs)
* Development and promotion of efficient technologies for bio-energy processing and utilization
* Characterization of wood and non wood products